Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wednesday morning

Nothing much to report since overnight, except we have power and internet this morning. I slept well. Our room is a bunk bed and a single. I have the top bunk and Jim is in the bottom. The single is empty after Scott left on Monday. I would move there, but he was all bit up--I'm thinking there might be some nasty bedbugs there. We are a corner room, so get some cross breeze going on which helps.
 
Food here has been good. As I said earlier, we have an evening meal prepared for us. Usually rice, beans, sometimes a potato like tuber which is probably boiled. We have had diced mixed vegetables twice, cooked with a clear type sauce--I wish Jamie was here to describe the food better. Last night we had beef chunks with onions-enough for everyone to have some, the night before was meatballs. We also had okra last night.
 
Pop is cold, even frozen at times. I have not had the beer yet, but Andy said he needed that after yesterday. Yesterday was just a long hot day, even though we have AC in the hospital most of the time. We see people on cots in the ER, so everything is either bending, stooping or knealing. It takes a tole on backs and legs. Interestingly, my leg has been pretty good.
 
I'll let you all go and try to blog again tonight. Thanks for the comments, girls. Now I know someone other than mom is reading. Love you all.
 
LaMar

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blogs. We enjoy following your trip. Take care.
    Jay and Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. LaMar ~ eNews went out just a few minutes ago. There is a link to your blog so I would suspect people will be reading about your adventures. God's peace be with you as you continue to be his hands in Haiti. I am sending prayers your way. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete