Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Greetings, all. Well, it's hump day and Cinco de Mayo--so what. They don't celibrate either one here, as far as we can tell, although it was a slow day. You know, if we had the day off, it would be enjoyable sitting around. But sitting around while you are on the job is BORING. No new babies today. Not much of anything interesting. Two volunteers--not with our group, were airlifted out of PAP today after we transferred them yesterday. The one probably has appendicitis, and the other may have dengue fever. We do not have a surgeon on board.
 
I have not talked about Pat Farris, RN, Eva Cestari, RN-psych, or Carol-jean deLuca, RN-psych. They work in the in patient wing and take care of all the patients who are sicker and longer term. They have done an incredible job with all those patients, and I have seen nothing but compassion from them. Carol was sick today with some muscle cramping, probably due to the heat.
 
Every morning we lose power at the hospital for 1-2 hours. Okay, were in a big, multi-room tent. The sun is up early and gets hot before you know it. So the tent is quite stuffy. We all feel relived when the AC comes back on.
 
Thanks to everyone for reading along. I need to re-read my own blog so I don't repeat myself. Also, if I keep the blog short, I'm less apt to drop the internet connection.
 
Til later, LaMar

2 comments:

  1. Hi LaMar,
    Thanks for the shout-out to my mom, Pat Farris! It's so wonderful to be able to get a sense of what and how you are all doing. Keep up the great work!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LaMar,
    Thanks for the updates. I enjoy reading about the experiences you all are having and those you are helping and healing in Haiti. I'll give a return shout-out to my mom, Pat Farris, if that's ok! We all look forward to reading your posts.
    Jordan Farris

    ReplyDelete