Thursday, May 13, 2010

Back Home

I agree with LaMar about the rooster....who sang his song every hour most nights in Haiti. I woke up last night wondering where he was? Re-entry into our home culture has been full of contradictory emotions; why is it that I can put my dirty clothes in a machine and push a button to get clean water? But how wonderful to be able to brush my teeth in running water! How can the Haitian people be so beautifully grateful and loving when they have so little? They are inspiring, and I will never forget them, nor the people I worked with on our American team #16.
Pat Farris

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry I just found the blog from the team my friend Pat was with in Haiti.
    Great pictures of Pat and little ones.
    Anyone capture the rooster in a photo?!

    ReplyDelete