Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sorry I missed the snow--not

 I am in Florida. We planned this quite a while ago, long before they were predicting snow for this week. I left Iowa on Monday, January 31st. Rita and I will drive to Fort Lauderdale to pick the other guys up. We'll be able to do that, because we won't get stuck in the snow. Sorry.
Alex called last night about 1:00 am Florida time. He works evening shift in North Liberty. He had left the plant, got stuck, got pulled out, and stopped at a closed gas station, unable to make it home. He called for advice, so we suggested he walk back to the plant and stay the night, which he did. He called this morning and was able to make it home. Thank you, Lord.
So the weather here is nice and warm. 80 degrees is nice. And warm. I have been doing some jobs. Laid a new floor in the kitchen, many odds and ends. Hopefully the rest of the guys can make it out of the globally warmed Midwest on Friday.
I will pray.

LaMar

No comments:

Post a Comment