Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm on my way

I left Cedar Rapids early afternoon today, and am now in Fort Lauderdale. The flight to Dallas, and then to Fort Lauderdale were pretty uneventful. I just got settled in a chair where I will probably spend the night. Another gentleman is sleeping nearby. He is leaving at 0630 tomorrow for New York. My flight for Port-au-Prince (PAP) leaves at 0645, so we made a deal. We would watch each others stuff, so we do not need to take luggage to the bathroom with us during the night.
I did receive some good news that I was not expecting. My luggage will be kept overnight by the airlines, so I did not need to pick up the two-50# bags and re-check them in the morning. :-) That should speed things along a bit in the AM.
It has been a long day of flying and waiting, so I think I will call it quits. I did take a pic out the windaw as we got to Dallas/Fort Worth. I hope to post some pics on the trip, so I'll try this one first.
Hopefully I will get some sleep tonight in the airport.
LaMar

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are having a great time. Write back as much as you can to keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete